I wrote my very first Favorite Things post before I ever got a first hand view. If you have been following along you know that I have actually attended the Oprah’s Favorite Things Party In New York City (twice actually) and it was just as amazing as you would imagine it to be. The best part is how electric the air is. It really isn’t about all of the things, it’s more about the spirit of giving. I’m not even sure I can really sum it all up for you here but it manages to make you feel like a kid again, all swept up in the magic of Christmas. That honestly is my favorite thing!
I also believe that’s why Favorite Things Parties are so popular right now. Friends are getting together to share and gift their very own favorite things with each other. Even if you haven’t attended a Favorite Things party yet, flipping through the list in the December issue of O, The Oprah Magazine can be pretty intriguing too. I’m going to date myself here, which you know I don’t mind, but it reminds me of being a kid and browsing through the old Sears Christmas Wish Book in my PJ’s, on my Holly Hobbie themed twin bed. I loved that big book of gifts and would often circle my favorite things with a ball point pen. So yes, the O, The Oprah Magazine Issue does make me feel a little nostalgic and while I love seeing or reading about Oprah’s picks, I often like to share my own.
So today I am going to share with you all a few of my favorite 2019 things. This isn’t a sponsored post, although I have to say that anything you see on the blog as sponsored passes my test of great products to share. I say no a lot. I am actually pretty proud of that so anytime I share here you can rest assured that I did use it, and liked it enough to share it with you here too. So with that out of the way, let me share with you a few of my 2019 favorite things.
- Milk Bar Cookies– I’m a little obssessed with these treats, so much so that I spent a small fortune on cookies this holiday season-because when you love something you often want to share it! Milk Bar was founded by award winning Pastry Chef Christina Tosi, who you may have seen on the Netflix Documentary Chefs Table. They are baked fresh and then individually sealed and shipped from coast to coast. They’re beyond delicious, and they make a great gift all year long. I sent them to friends last spring too. One of my NYC friends shared that when she recieved my holiday package last week not only did it make her day, but her 5 year old got so excited that he did a little dance after seeing the Milk Bar stamp-so not only does her son have great taste but clearly they’re adult and kid approved too. They have flagship stores in NYC, LA and DC and I can’t wait to visit!
- Chico’s Travel Wrap– I did partner with Chico’s on a post for Instagram about this wrap and while I wasn’t asked to share it here I really want to. I always take a wrap on the plane and this one is perfect, lightweight, and folds up into a little pouch. It’s cozy which makes it perfect for plane and car rides, and it’s stylish enough to throw on at parties too. It’s also reversible and can be worn multiple ways which means it’s probably my most versatile accessory right now. I was not only gifted this item but I purchased one for a friend too!
- Snoop Dogg’s Cook Book– I consider myself to be a cookbook connosiuer. I have quite the collection and when I first saw this one I chuckled. It’s titled from Crook to Cook for goodness sake but its actually pretty great. Not only is it fun (great food pictures and cheeky recipes including fried bologna and Frito BBQ twists) but it’s also pretty serious with traditional selections like baked Mac and Cheese and even Seared Filet Mignon. And of course there’s Chicken and Waffles and several cocktail recipes too. If you’ve seen the Emmy nominated-Martha and Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party then you know Snoop loves to cook and if he gets Martha’s seal of approval in the kitchen then he’s doing something right. This makes a great White Elephant Gift and you can even pair it with travel sized bottles of Gin and Juice. You’re welcome.
- Birdies- I don’t know if you remember but back in 2018 Meghan Markle was photographed wearing a pair of these slippers on an outting with Prince Harry (they have a rubber sole and can be worn inside or out). People went a little crazy for the velvet slippers that are equally stylish and comfortable. I don’t tend to get swept up in trends but when all the hooplah died down I did snag a pair. The idea of having a stylish super comfy flat that I could wear to work and then swap out for my heels sent me on a mission to find the perfect pair. These kept popping up and had great reviews. They are great for entertaining (keeping you stylish and comfortable), running quick errands or even the aforementioned shoe swap. I got them in black but they have several great colors and they even come in animal print.
- Static Nail Polish– I really like having nice looking nails but I have grown a little tired of the gel polish phenomenon and often wonder about the health effects of constant use, so I have been on the hunt for a great non gel polish that I can use at home or take with me to the salon for a traditional manicure. When my daughter who tends to be trendier than I am posted a photo of her holding a starbucks cup sharing that she was nursing a cold with our favorite tea concoction The Medicine Ball– all I saw was how amazing her nails looked. She was wearing Bare and later shared that she had discovered the Static Nail Polish (which is apparently all the rage) and had ordered the Perfect Nude II Palette. I in turn ordered a pallette too. I chose the original Perfect Nude Palette that has 10 custom bottles, with rich pigments, antioxidates, and promises a healthy manicure that last up to 10 days.
Those are a few of my favoite things for 2019. If you’re looking for a last minute gift these are great picks but they work all year long too not just at the holidays. So feel free to bookmark this post and let me know what your favorite things are too. I love to keep a running list.
Until Next Post,
xo Tonya Parker