I’ve seen a few lipstick tag posts on the blogesphere and I was going to pass because even I am getting tired of hearing me talk about lipstick but, as someone with a lipstick addiction it can be hard to say no. Hey, admitting your problem is the first step in recovery right? Although, I am not sure I truly want to be recovered from this one, so here goes…
- How many lipsticks do you own? 34. I actually counted them for you. I was going to ball park it but I figured I might as well have some hard core data. I have lots of MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown and a few other new liquid lipstick brands thrown in there. I know it’s overkill and definitely goes against my minimalism manifesto. When my husband and I moved in together after our wedding 2 years ago it was one of things he remarked on. “It’s odd that you have so many lipsticks when you are such a minimalist.” I think it is weird too, because I really don’t wear more than three of them on a regular basis but, I love the beautiful colors and like having options. For those of you without an lipdiction I believe a nude, a neutral and a pop of color (red or pink) is really all you need. My head knows this, but my heart says something else..
- What was your first ever lipstick? I honestly can’t remember back that far. I am sure it was a drugstore brand. My first memory of really being obsessed with a lip product goes back about 20 years. My older cousin was (and still is) a beautiful fashionista. She lived what I thought then was a pretty glamorous life as a foot loose and fancy free, jet setting flight attendant. She shared with me that she traveled three hours to Washington DC to get a lip pencil from MAC in Chestnut and a gloss in Oh Baby. As, a slightly less glamorous stay at home mom, I too became obsessed with these two products. Lucky for me I actually lived in DC at the time so it was a lot easier to get my hands on it. 20 years later my cousin is still a flight attendant, no one has to travel for lipstick, I still use MAC Chestnut lipliner, I love my mom life and I don’t quite see being foot loose and fancy free as quite so glamourous.
- What is your most worn lipstick? My most worn lipstick is Polished Up which is still a MAC brand. It’s a neutral and I love it because I can apply it seamlessly. I don’t even need a mirror to apply it.
- What is your favorite brand of lipstick? It seems it would have to be MAC after our 20 year relationship, so I will go with that, but I am always on the search for a new favorite.
- What is your favorite finish? Semi-matte. I love the look of matte lips but I find most of them to be a little drying.
- What is the last lipstick you bought? Okay, I am super excited about this. The other day on Instagram, I saw a great picture of the beautiful Tracy Ellis Ross sharing her favorite lipstick Truffle by Coloured Raine. I checked out their Instagram page and fell in love. My Truffle Raine is on the way!
- How many lipstick products do you currently have in your bag? 6. Three lipsticks, a lipliner, a lip gloss and chapstick.
- What lipstick do you use to rock a red lip? MAC’s Ruby Woo and a Cherry lipliner. Ruby Woo amazingly works on all skin tones. One of my favorite looks!
- How do you store your lipstick? I like everything contained and out of sight. I am an anti clutter girl. I have a large Caboodle that is pretty organized and stored under my bathroom vanity.
- What lipstick products are you currently lusting over? Coloroured Raine in Whatever (it is currently out of stock) also Cherry Blossom and Mars. I also can’t wait to get my hands on Truffle and hope I love it as much as Tracy Ellis Ross does.
Well that’s it for my lipstick tag. I hope you don’t judge me too much. We all have our vices right? Let me know about your favorites or tag me if you decide to do your own lipstick tag.
Until next post,