As a self-proclaimed private person, writing a book about my own single mom journey was both challenging and cathartic. Beginning this new blog was a great way to continue that cathartic process.
The most awesome part about being a blogger is connecting with readers and fellow bloggers. I am finding that being open with the blogosphere is such an authentic process. So to further torture, um…I mean challenge myself, I thought I might share 20 Random facts about myself:
- I went to preschool in England and had an English Accent until I was 7. My cousins would pay me to talk in front of their friends and then break into fits of giggles.
- I’m most proud of being a mom-I know motherhood isn’t for everyone but for me it’s the best thing I have ever done. By the way, I have been a teen mom, a married mom, a step mom, a stay at home mom, a nursing mom, a working mom and now a mom blogger. Whew!
- I consider myself a minimalist but I have 27 tubes of MAC lipstick-I only wear 3!
- I’m afraid of worms-yes I realize it’s an irrational fear.
- Technically I have 5 kids though I have only given birth twice. I still count my bonus daughter from my previous marriage in that total. I believe you divorce husbands not children.
- I dream of being a motivational speaker but I have a fear of public speaking-I push past it though.
- I was once featured in a Girl Scout calendar-hello Ms. July!
- I am a vegetarian- I want to be completely vegan but I have this thing for pizza.
- I collect style books and believe that fashion is art.
- I was one of Hampton Roads Magazine’s Sensational Singles in 2008-It was very cool being featured as a single mom.
- I don’t have a favorite color unless you count black and white.
- My all time favorite TV show was Sex and the City but I have a thing for Empire now.
- My celebrity crushes are Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey.
- I’m obsessed with Swedish Fish and Haribo candies.
- In grad school I got so sick they thought I had an autoimmune disease (Sarcodosis) stress does crazy things to your body!
- I am a wannabe yogi.
- Sparkling water is my jam.
- My middle name is Michele with only one l because my mom didn’t want hell in my name. lol
- I drink coffee before going to bed.
- I get the most compliments on my smile. Shout out to my orthodontist!
I’d love to read your random facts! Feel free to leave a few below.
Until Next Post,
3 thoughts on “20 Random Things About Single Mom Chic”
I learned a lot I didn’t know!
LikeLiked by 1 person